Distinguished Churchwoman of the Year
Each year, Baptist Women in Ministry of Georgia honors a woman from our state as Distinguished Churchwoman of the Year. Qualifications for this award include significant contributions to ministry by a Baptist woman who has experienced a call to ministry and is fulfilling that call in a salaried or non-salaried position. Nominations for this honor are reviewed, and the final selection is made by the Steering Committee of Baptist Women in Ministry of Georgia. Nominations by persons throughout the state are welcomed and should include a brief written summary of the woman's call qualifications for ministry and a letter of recommendation.
All nominations should be received in writing by February 15, 2017. Nominees for the award are evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Demonstrated faithful commitment to the development of her ministry;
- Exhibits the characteristics of a mentor of women in ministry;
- Exemplifies qualities of gifted leadership and redemptive service;
- Maintains an active role in the ministry of her local church;
- Displays support for the goals and visions of Baptist Women in Ministry of Georgia;
The recipient of the award will be honored during the annual spring meeting of the Baptist Women in Ministry of Georgia on March 25th at Vineville Baptist Church in Macon, GA, also the weekend of CBFGA spring general assembly.
Please email all nominations to Sarah Holik Murray at email@example.com.